Joe's Imperial Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Septhi Royal Exploration Corps SREC

2 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Septhi Royal Exploration Corps   SREC - Page 4 Empty Re: Septhi Royal Exploration Corps SREC

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:20 pm

(Sure that can be done)

After 28 days or so, in Warp-Speed the Vessel arrives very, very far away from the previous system, clearly in Septhi space now, as this system appears to be busy with commercial, and civilian vessels, approaching a planet with urban landscapes across it. The Captain prepares the ship for landing Planetside at the Lord-Explorator's Governor Palace. A large fine structure, with clearly religious meanings in the architecture, the Symbol of the Sun is prevelant all over the place, and made with fine stone. And appears rather beautiful and well crafted.

The Ship lands at a docking stations at the side of the Palace as the Governor, stands outside, with two guards waiting.

Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Septhi Royal Exploration Corps   SREC - Page 4 Empty Re: Septhi Royal Exploration Corps SREC

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:31 pm

Rahomd walks outside. The Computer is still inside the ship for now but he can still communicate with it so there are no problems with communication. As he walks up to the governor he looks around the palace he takes in everything he can so as to get a clearer picture of the architecture.

"Greetings, I am Rahomd of the Khendros. I presume that you are the one in charge of the place."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:48 pm

The Architecture, at least of the palace appears highly spiritual and religious, iconography of the Sun is prevelant everywhere, its made of Stone for the most part to look pretty, and painted to almost shine when the sun is on it. Alot of work and hard craftsmanship has been put into this.

The Lord-Explorator is a Male Septhi 2.8 Meters tall. He looks at Rahomd as he approaches "We received the message and did not believe it, welcome Rahomd of the Khendros. I am Lord-Explorator Isateph. Elected Governor of this Planet and the sorrounding systems. It is an honor to meet you in person finally, we have been monitoring all the conversations and recordings since the Vessel discovered you thanks to the Warp-Communications Relays. Please, make yourself comfortable in this Sacred abode touched by the Queen herself."

Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:00 pm

"Then you did believe it," Rahomd noted "I thank you for your accomodations and hope to be a good representative of my government. I wonder, are you the governor of this entire planet or only this general area?"

Due to it's prevalence on the buildings and uniforms of the Septhi Rahomd concluded that the sun must be an important symbol for the Septhi people. He wondered at the implications. His suit on the other hand was rather plain but form-fitting and full of different devices such as weapons, a transmittor, a periscope etc.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:27 pm

"I am the Governor of this entire sector of space. I answer directly to the Throne-Worlds in the Center of the Dynasty, this is merely a frontier of our space. The Goverment back in the Throne-Worlds are still not sure how to address this, but we will receive their words and questions soon enough. You must understand we did not expect anything like this after so many Generations with no contact to other intelligent lifeforms. I however as the Lord-Explorator, have always had this thought in the back of my head. I am just glad the Gods have seen fit that it is in my lifetime and durring my charge it was to happen."

The Septhi 'uniforms' here on the planet appear more like fine robes, with various iconography on them, the Sun is prevelant throughout all of this, the Governors is exceptionally fine, clearly alot of work has been put into the clothing, propably by hand and care over a long period instead of mass-produced goods.

Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:37 pm

"While you are not the first species of intelligent aliens that we have encountered there have been few enough that the excitement of meeting you has not yet worn of into the usual routine. I myself can not claim to be the ruler of anything, I was only just appointed to be our representative for you and before that I simply worked on one of our exploration ships while sutdying known and hypothesised alien cultures."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:39 pm

"How many other species have you encountered? We would be eager to know how many other intelligent creatures roam the cosmos, provided for our mortal exsistance. We wish to know so much of what lies beyond from here. We also hope our culture wont be..Distasteful to your kind. As we most likely are very different on many base levels."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:50 pm

"While your system of governance could certainly be improved upon your culture is not that bad. We have apart from you had one direct encounter with an alien realm and one indirect. the ship that first intercepted your own was the very same that first delved into the realm of those that call themselves the 'Cirnii'. Through them we have learned of another empire, the Xengari, who were at war with the Cirnii. Due to the losses they sustained when they were attacked by a third party of ancient machines the Cirnii lost the war. We have yet to have full talks with the Xengari but we will where we establish how the borders are to look."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:06 pm

"That is troubling to hear, that war and conflict happens beyond our space. And you think our governance could be improved? Everything can always be improved, but not every improvement is pleasing to the people, the people want their freedoms and rights, it is important to them. History from before our unification and when we reached for the Stars has shown that. The current form of our society is widely popular amongst the people, the Dynasty has worked hard to achieve this level of it, and as the free economy grows, the State gains more authority as well. As excess money flows right int othe govermental coffers o be used on the things the people desire and need."

He pauses for abit before talking again. "I understand our systems and ideas of governance are different and that should be respected, we dont all think alike. As we gathered in the recordings and conversations, you dont believe in the Divine of the Gods, as we could gather? That is to be respected, a thing that can happen."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:20 pm

"No, we don't believe in the Divine, and are they not to be proven? If they exist as you say then we are wrong, if they don't then you are. And if something is an improvement why should it be stopped from be implemented because the "majority" that is not knowledgable is displeased by it? the people should learn to accept improvements for the good that they are."

"The Khendros seek to constantly improve the government so as to make it perfect, and we seek to Enlighten people of the good of such a government, just as the founder Enlightened the people on our homeworld on the virtues of such a government. After they accepted it our society has advanced beyond reckoning in terms of wealth and technology. We are now more prosperous, more knowledgable and ultimately also happier. To limit yourself from improvement because the ignorant do not understand the benefit that this provides is a weakness and weaknesses should be purged."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:42 pm

"We believe the gods crafted this universe and cosmos for our mortal souls to partake in, before joining togheter in death, as our souls move beyond what we can perceive, people are allowed to view this as they wish, we dont expect all to understand, as it is beyond our mortal understanding."

"We also believe that the peoples rights should be maintained, their liberties, too much control hurts the potential that people has within them, but we support what people wish and desire, the goverment works hard to ensure everyone is well educated and provided for as they seek their own fortune and future. All for the greater good of stability, and their happiness. We have made a society where people are happy and content with their life, they feel secure, knowing their exsistance is safe. Even if it has flaws, everything has flaws."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:54 pm

"But are these flaws not to be eradicated, so as to bring forth a greater benefit? Why settle for the adequate when you could have the superior? And would you not try to prove or disprove the existance of these gods so that it does not become just a "choice" in believing how the universe works? When we wanted to know whether space really consisted of a void or had an atmosphere we did not let people "choose" what to think about the matter but had our scientists conclude that apart from the objects travelling through it space is indeed simply vaccum."

At this point the passion for the subject had gotten Rahomd quite visibly agitated. He seemed to try and calm down.

"I appologise, you are as alien to me as I am to you and I understand that you would view things differently but it all seems so inefficient to me."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:57 pm

"We are all different, and i am sure youl find our society is not as inefficient as you think, we are just different. But there will always be flaws, as our society has shifted over generations, flaws were dealt with, but new ones always arose, it is just natural for a society to face such. It is an everchanging thing, the only thing that has not changed is the divine position of the Kings and Queens, they have always been the wise rulers of our people. And worked hard for us all and for prosperity. Sometimes with great sacrifice to themselves."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:04 pm

He decided not to argue about it.

"I am sure that they have done great things to your people and I do not wish to sully this happy occasion with needles debates about how things should be run, first and foremost if I am to have my own quarters in this building then I wish that someone would help me take the Computer there so that I could install it and be able to establish contact with my people."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:14 pm

"I will have the workers get to it immiediatly, we have quearters prepared for you and anything else you will require will be provided for. We wish to make your stay as hospitable as possible. It is only the right and honourable thing to do."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:19 pm

"Thank you, while I voiced my criticism over a few things I am pleased to be here so that contact between our peoples can be established. Perhaps some form of treaty would be in order?"

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:24 pm

"Once we have word from the Queen and the Parlament, i am sure a treaty would be a likely propability between our peoples, we can expect a full message tommorow"
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:27 pm

"In that case I will wait for their message to arrive. It will feel resting to be able to sleep under a star which dictates the rythm of the day (incidentally what are the day and night cycles of this planet?"

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:43 am

"This world has a day and night cycle of 30 hours, slightly longer than our home world"
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:04 am

[Rahomd will have gone to sleep for the night so it should be morning now]

Greetings Governor, has the message arrived by now?

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:17 am

"The Parliament and the Queen sent their response, they see the value in the establishment of a treaty for the sake of the public view, as the free-news networks are already preparing to spread the words of Alien contact to the public, having good relations with your people would be of much worth to us and the Queen, who hopes to meet your people in person. She is a benevolent Divine ruler, and has led our people well throughout her reign."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:48 am

"Very well then, in that case it is best if we come to an agreement about what this treaty is to involve. I propose that we would give one another information about our respective knowledge of the galaxy and our place within it. Maps if you will of all of the star systems that we have mapped out and which are not classified of course. Do you have any other ideas?"

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:58 am

"I cannot speak for what the Parliament and the Queen would desire, but such maps and sharing of knowledge would be a good start, a public announcement of non-aggresion policy would also make the people feel safe about this. In my own personal opinion."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:13 am

This made Rahomd rather uncomfortable.

"Yes, a promise of peace and non-agression would be good, however before we could agree on such a thing we would like to gain the ability to spread the Enlightment to you. You would not be forced to agree to it but we would like to have the ability to send people to you to spread our ideology."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:20 am

"As you wish, altough i doubt it will change much, but people are free to choose how they live their lives, the state supports it as long as its not against the law. Im sure the Parliament would agree."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:33 am

A first step at least, he thought.

"Then I see no reason not to allow an agreement of non-agression as well, perhaps also a promise of protection in case one of us is attacked by an outside force."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:45 am

"The Queen would have to agree to such a treaty of mutual protection, whenever she feels it ready. She most likely dosnt want to rush things."

A Septhi female in fine robes approaches, with the Mark of the Sun on her forehead, the governor bows deeply "Priestess...You honor me deeply with your presence, why have you come so suddenly?"

The female looks at the Governor then Rahomd "I wished to see the creature from beyond myself. To see the silks of creations spun in ages past at the birth of the cosmos that would become this being..."

Systems and scanners would be going off the charts at the presence of this...Priestess?..
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:16 am

If Rahomd showed any alarm at the newcomer he did not show it "I am honoured to be an object of your curiosity," he answered dryly, "If you may sate mine I wish to ask who you are and what your position as priestess entails". While he asked that he sent the information about the peculiar registration that the priestess showed to the Computer to be analyzed while he himself tried to make sense of it.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:29 am

The Priestess looks at at Rahomd before talking "I provide spiritual guidance and advice to the Governor and his planetary government, and i decipher the threads the Gods made when the Universe was created. A task provided to me before my conception by the gods, a task im destined to do for the greater good of us all"
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:37 am

"Certainly, but I wonder, how has your work at 'deciphering the threads' gone so far? In your work you must have made some progress so what wisdom have you gained from these dead gods of yours?" He did not loose, his dry tone, which was apparant even through the translation.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next