Joe's Imperial Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Politics and Society of the Xengari Peoples

2 posters

Go down

Politics and Society of the Xengari Peoples Empty Politics and Society of the Xengari Peoples

Post by Joe Joerson Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:56 pm

The Xengari can sometimes be a bit of an enigma, given their rather nonexistent disposition to hearing out others willingly, and less than happy feelings to freely give out information on themselves or any other thing really. So it is rare when one can pierce their little cloak and see their society fully.

First and foremost, a little background, the Xengari society is very militaristic and somewhat distrusting others outside their cultural groups. This however does not pertain only to aliens. As in actuality there are several Xengari sub-cultures, those caused to formation from several different ancestries. Some are from colonial splits and formations while others are amalgamations of earlier cultures, of course through several historic centralization efforts the differences in these cultures in practice is very small an not particularly worth speaking of those differences. However the Xengari are quick to draw separations between 'their' group and 'other' groups, which has given them some experience in jumping to conclusions about foreign cultures.

There is a famous recurring statement in Xengari campaigns for Centralization. "One Force, One Race, One Culture, once all three are accomplished superiority will be reached." Superiority is the Xengari dream. It means that you can't be pushed over, none can do what they will to you. Superiority is the focus for the Lordships in both governance and life. The Xengari inherently believe that force is the driving power of everything in a social way. Those who are strong will do what they will to the weak and those who are stronger still will do what they will to the strong. Superiority is the top, there is nothing that can force one to bend, nothing that stop your will.

When the Xengari say 'xeno' they don't mean alien, or for that matter foreigner. To explain fully what they mean a little history is needed.

In the past the expansion of the Original 'Xengari' Empire, Terkarshi's Empire, on Akreon Prime and latter during their expansion through the stars that were relatively more peaceful, several governmental 'Race Centralization' campaigns were conducted. These primarily focused on the unification, and assimilation, of cultures an the different Xengari 'Races' into a single superior Race and culture. Often times peaceful but by no means a rule, the Race Centralization campaigns often sought not to impose but instead subvert to the ideal, embodied by the Overlady and/or Overlord. Not forcing other Xengari to change to the center but establish a kind of tier system. Tiers were separated by how far one was from the ideal, the true superior, and this was not static the ideal changed. However strive they did towards it because not only would one find acceptance in the Empire on found themselves in but they would find privileges over those who had not yet done so, and a possibility for titles.

Xeno fits into this system as those on the outside who reject the system in it's entirety. Those who refuse to travel the 'true' path towards betterment and superiority. They are only fit to accept the system or get out of the way of their superiors. So when they say 'xeno' they mean the worst kind of scum, ones that not only refuse to better themselves and treat their superiors with proper respect but deride this entire ideal. Essentially when they say 'xeno' they speak of their only and eternal enemy.

Now with all this in mind the politics of the Xengari peoples are disparate but the same. They all seek this superiority, although some minority groups are the exception, though they define this in different ways for all. They all propose superiority for the Xengari peoples over all others. There are some small disagreements but strong force and caution with all comers. Since all Xengari know, the Strong will do as they will to the weak. Few publicly disagree with the current regime and fewer remain to do so for long with extremely large support. Those who can get away with such if often the military planners and leadership both as their privileged position as possible heirs to the Overlordship, and as necessary disagreements over strategy. As a result most positions are held by military officers both because of their very strong standing as pillars of community but also because they actually have some of the broader opportunities for disagreement and positioning as a kind of opposition and alternative option. Though it should be noted that this is not a public disagreement in most cases often only spread knowledge through circles of the military, though that is what truly matters and the military is the state but the state is not yet the military.
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

https://stellarisroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Politics and Society of the Xengari Peoples Empty Re: Politics and Society of the Xengari Peoples

Post by Mthis Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:53 am

I really like the idea you did for this, im thinking if i should do somthing similar for my Septhi if i can make myself write it.
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Politics and Society of the Xengari Peoples Empty Re: Politics and Society of the Xengari Peoples

Post by Joe Joerson Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:57 am

Mthis wrote:I really like the idea you did for this, im thinking if i should do somthing similar for my Septhi if i can make myself write it.

One tip I would give if you are having a hard time sitting down and writing up a whole post is to write down on a pad of paper or something whatever idea or ideas you have and go into as much detail as you are comfortable with and just look at it while you think so that if you find yourself drifting then you have something to focus on. As well don't be afraid to type up a post out of order, I don't think I could ever finish posts if I tried to type them in the 'correct' order chronologically.

Of course none of these may apply so feel free to ignore me. Razz
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

https://stellarisroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down