The Second Roleplay Universe

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by The Clans on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:22 pm

(I'm doing manual labor every morning and running errands during the heat of the day, working on my posts in my phone's notes when I can and posting on my breaks. As far as Aftermath is concerned, I'm out. May start another universe with Necro.)
avatar
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Posts : 401
Join date : 2016-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by Caspoi on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:29 pm

Theclans wrote:(I'm doing manual labor every morning and running errands during the heat of the day, working on my posts in my phone's notes when I can and posting on my breaks. As far as Aftermath is concerned, I'm out. May start another universe with Necro.)

[You are of course allowed that choice but why?]

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Posts : 672
Join date : 2016-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by Offizier Necro on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:49 pm

@Caspoi wrote:
Theclans wrote:(I'm doing manual labor every morning and running errands during the heat of the day, working on my posts in my phone's notes when I can and posting on my breaks. As far as Aftermath is concerned, I'm out. May start another universe with Necro.)

[You are of course allowed that choice but why?]
((Presumably dissatisfaction with the current bourgeois game master and the general handling of the setting, such as declaring religious wars when there's a world-eater that's threatening all life in the galaxy. I can see where he could potentially get frustrated, but I'm a new guy who hasn't even really posted anything yet so I'm not privy enough to know if I personally would be frustrated with any ongoing quirks and possible problems.

Also, this is the first I've heard of starting a new universe, so I'd like to note that I wasn't in on this plan. I'm not sure if our currently limited playerbase can split without dying entirely, and I don't think I've seen any discontent in the players {aside from Theclans's implied frustrations over the past couple weeks} that would cause the rest of the players to jump ships. I'm not privy enough with IC and OOC matters here to know if it would be ideal to have everyone switch over or not, but in any case I don't think that it would be feasible to do it regardless of it being good or not. With my current knowledge, I personally am okay with the Aftermath setting, but the main issues that I think Theclans has are mostly with Zuko's GMing and maybe some player traits, so again I can't comment on that due to being new here.))
avatar
Offizier Necro
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Posts : 124
Join date : 2016-06-06
Age : 20
Location : Haven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by Joe Joerson on Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:28 pm

Theclans wrote:(I'm doing manual labor every morning and running errands during the heat of the day, working on my posts in my phone's notes when I can and posting on my breaks. As far as Aftermath is concerned, I'm out. May start another universe with Necro.)

(If you decide to do so please post a topic in the "New Roleplay Universes" sub forum detailing rules, setting etc. As well please state if you are deviating from the guidelines and if so how so as to be clear for roleplayers.)

@Offizier Necro wrote:((Presumably dissatisfaction with the current bourgeois game master and the general handling of the setting, such as declaring religious wars when there's a world-eater that's threatening all life in the galaxy. I can see where he could potentially get frustrated, but I'm a new guy who hasn't even really posted anything yet so I'm not privy enough to know if I personally would be frustrated with any ongoing quirks and possible problems.

Also, this is the first I've heard of starting a new universe, so I'd like to note that I wasn't in on this plan. I'm not sure if our currently limited playerbase can split without dying entirely, and I don't think I've seen any discontent in the players {aside from Theclans's implied frustrations over the past couple weeks} that would cause the rest of the players to jump ships. I'm not privy enough with IC and OOC matters here to know if it would be ideal to have everyone switch over or not, but in any case I don't think that it would be feasible to do it regardless of it being good or not. With my current knowledge, I personally am okay with the Aftermath setting, but the main issues that I think Theclans has are mostly with Zuko's GMing and maybe some player traits, so again I can't comment on that due to being new here.))

(I am not sure either about a split player base being viable. However I am fairly confident that we can likely move on to New Roleplay rather splitting. There are simply not enough people. I am thinking about contacting people who left or trying to resurrect the recruiting thread on paradox forums.)

(EDIT: I will likely be unavailable from 1:15-4:30 UTC and around those times (AM). As well we need to recruit more people or bring some back somehow, we simply need a larger population I think.)


Last edited by Joe Joerson on Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Joe Joerson
Admin

Posts : 682
Join date : 2016-04-18
Age : 855
Location : Hightailing it to the Magellanic Clouds

View user profile http://stellarisroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by The Clans on Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:29 pm

(Mainly Zuko's GMing, inattention to detail, and lack of feedback. Caspoi, someone who's playing a race of Cthuloids makes woefully undetailed posts. If he was more active I'd be more annoyed by consistently getting the absolute bare necessities.

The religious wars in the middle of a universe ending disaster doesn't bother me at all. If I wanted to be smart about it I'd just casually explore tomb worlds while the thing completely eats the Domain. It's bound to finish off the last of their planets before the 83 year Submit or Die deadline.

AlsonI more or less prefer to fuck around, throw characters and situations at each other and see what happens. I don't have much interest in storylines that don't happen organically. Basically I'm a self-driven complete culture nerd, and I'm not getting my fix of it here except with Joe.)
avatar
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Posts : 401
Join date : 2016-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by The Clans on Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:37 pm

(Interesting to.me: exploring a series of tomb worlds and inadvertantly awakening the planet eater. Maybe some competition and light firefights with scavenger crews leading up to it, such as chasing down a lead to a treasure trove that happens to be the trigger to the planet eater.

Not interesting to me: the planet eater awakening out of nowhere.)
avatar
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Posts : 401
Join date : 2016-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by Caspoi on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:00 pm

Theclans wrote:(Mainly Zuko's GMing, inattention to detail, and lack of feedback. Caspoi, someone who's playing a race of Cthuloids makes woefully undetailed posts. If he was more active I'd be more annoyed by consistently getting the absolute bare necessities.

The religious wars in the middle of a universe ending disaster doesn't bother me at all. If I wanted to be smart about it I'd just casually explore tomb worlds while the thing completely eats the Domain. It's bound to finish off the last of their planets before the 83 year Submit or Die deadline.

AlsonI more or less prefer to fuck around, throw characters and situations at each other and see what happens. I don't have much interest in storylines that don't happen organically. Basically I'm a self-driven complete culture nerd, and I'm not getting my fix of it here except with Joe.)

[Are you saying that I shoukd write more extensive messages? Also what does that have to do with my species?]

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Posts : 672
Join date : 2016-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by Offizier Necro on Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:13 pm

@Caspoi wrote:
Theclans wrote:(Mainly Zuko's GMing, inattention to detail, and lack of feedback. Caspoi, someone who's playing a race of Cthuloids makes woefully undetailed posts. If he was more active I'd be more annoyed by consistently getting the absolute bare necessities.

The religious wars in the middle of a universe ending disaster doesn't bother me at all. If I wanted to be smart about it I'd just casually explore tomb worlds while the thing completely eats the Domain. It's bound to finish off the last of their planets before the 83 year Submit or Die deadline.

AlsonI more or less prefer to fuck around, throw characters and situations at each other and see what happens. I don't have much interest in storylines that don't happen organically. Basically I'm a self-driven complete culture nerd, and I'm not getting my fix of it here except with Joe.)

[Are you saying that I shoukd write more extensive messages? Also what does that have to do with my species?]
((I assume that he means that, as you're playing a race based upon an eldritch horror universe, you should be writing mysterious text that hint towards more sinister things in the ultimate scheme. A seductive tease of evil without being upfront. However, your posts tend to be short and to-the-point, sometimes even single-line posts. This stands in contrast to the paragraph-length posts everyone else seems to be putting up. Basically, "you're not living up to the mantle you've claimed" type of frustration combined with insufficient length. So yeah, I think he wants you to write more extensive posts but also maybe with the subtle hints of the eldritch horror you're deriving your species from.

If anyone's wondering why I keep making these 'translation' posts, it's something I often do since I'm pretty passive but still want to help. I see a lot of people IRL and online have feuds and arguments that go nowhere because of "talking past each other" and other communication problems, so I try to help resolve disputes by putting ideas into terms and examples that might be easier to understand for the other participant or other 'translations'.))
avatar
Offizier Necro
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Posts : 124
Join date : 2016-06-06
Age : 20
Location : Haven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by Zuko Darkborn on Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:55 am

(Do whatever you want. I myself agree to most of what you are saying. If anyone wants be GM instead of me, do that, whether you want to take this or make a new one. I'd personally want to play anyways, and in a new one, I might avoid making some mistakes I have made. You see, the only reason I went GM, was to attempt some progress, as none else seemed (apart from Joe) seemed to do anything. My previous experience comes down to playing in the old RP thread and doing some DMing for a light-roleplay D&D group.

To address some other problems stated:
The point of the Asornuais was to find out who and how it was activated or created, and how it can be destroyed. If you activated it in a ruin, it would somewhat miss the point. None seemed to explore much ruins and such with any posts. I did have several plans for that, (including the planet-eater originally) but I didn't figure out how to introduce them. Should I have just said (in [adjective] exploration, they found this? More detailed than that, of course. The Domain aren't much of rationalists. They believe more in religion and traditions, and are supposed to be angry with the Archprophet's lack of willingness to enforce them on the galaxy, especially when a large minority of the Kreazi agree.

The Domain are still attempting to stop the Asornuais, just in a different manner. Their previous diplomatic and scientific matters have proved unfruitful. This is mainly due to their hate of the psychic. The Asornuais surely won't focus just on the Domain. In my mental picture of the map (which is yet just a mental picture, as we haven't got any proper map yet. Also, I personally prefer politics and nations at whole over focusing on individuals. Nothing against the rest of the complaints.)

avatar
Zuko Darkborn
Primus Moderator
Primus Moderator

Posts : 239
Join date : 2016-04-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by Zuko Darkborn on Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:35 am

(You're also expecting something that weren't supposed to be on the plate. My original desire for this was to continue how the old RP thread worked, while heavier on roleplay. Galactic conflicts, diplomacy, politics and events was what I looked for. I also expected this to be a side-RP, with slower progress (which I stated in the original post.) This was also why I chose a more specific theme, which I might say, has not been followed to closely. Relating it to the game itself, I looked for a more complex Stellaris with more freedom, roleplay and less knowledge of what can happen continuing. In addition, due to the theme, more of a conflict over resources and habitable planets.)
avatar
Zuko Darkborn
Primus Moderator
Primus Moderator

Posts : 239
Join date : 2016-04-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by Caspoi on Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:05 am

@Offizier Necro wrote:
@Caspoi wrote:
Theclans wrote:(Mainly Zuko's GMing, inattention to detail, and lack of feedback. Caspoi, someone who's playing a race of Cthuloids makes woefully undetailed posts. If he was more active I'd be more annoyed by consistently getting the absolute bare necessities.

The religious wars in the middle of a universe ending disaster doesn't bother me at all. If I wanted to be smart about it I'd just casually explore tomb worlds while the thing completely eats the Domain. It's bound to finish off the last of their planets before the 83 year Submit or Die deadline.

AlsonI more or less prefer to fuck around, throw characters and situations at each other and see what happens. I don't have much interest in storylines that don't happen organically. Basically I'm a self-driven complete culture nerd, and I'm not getting my fix of it here except with Joe.)

[Are you saying that I shoukd write more extensive messages? Also what does that have to do with my species?]
((I assume that he means that, as you're playing a race based upon an eldritch horror universe, you should be writing mysterious text that hint towards more sinister things in the ultimate scheme. A seductive tease of evil without being upfront. However, your posts tend to be short and to-the-point, sometimes even single-line posts. This stands in contrast to the paragraph-length posts everyone else seems to be putting up. Basically, "you're not living up to the mantle you've claimed" type of frustration combined with insufficient length. So yeah, I think he wants you to write more extensive posts but also maybe with the subtle hints of the eldritch horror you're deriving your species from.

If anyone's wondering why I keep making these 'translation' posts, it's something I often do since I'm pretty passive but still want to help. I see a lot of people IRL and online have feuds and arguments that go nowhere because of "talking past each other" and other communication problems, so I try to help resolve disputes by putting ideas into terms and examples that might be easier to understand for the other participant or other 'translations'.))

[But to give away their plans seems contraproductive, and one of the big things about eldritch horrors is that you know very little about them, it is in fact very much what they symbolise: a fear of the unknown. I do admit however that it is very much because of my style of writing, I do detest writing (or saying) an excessive amount words when fewer would got the point across. I could try and amend this.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Posts : 672
Join date : 2016-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by The Clans on Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:57 pm

[Not quoting cause it'd be giganyic at this point]

@Caspoi I mean, the biggest draw for the Cthulhu Mythos is the horror in the writing itself. Ibdon't expect Lovecraft level of words I have to look in a dictionary for, but as it staelse.I don't get much of anything from your race. To me they come across as funny looking fish and squid people that just stand there and are grumpy. It'd be different if they were described as standing maliciously, or somehow appearing closer without moving, eyes that blink independently at each other [one after the other] or that the movement of their tentacles is in of itself unsettling.

I get where you're coming from about not wanting to write more than strictly necessary. It got to the point in my literature class where I was the only one allowed to write a paragraph to half a page on assignments when everyone else still had to write full page analyses. I had managed to compact everything I wanted to say in that short of a space. But sometimes just a little more is needed, a few extra adjectives.)

(@Zuko I don't know about everyone else, but not knowing the composition of the galaxy halted my colonization. Since I was playing a fledgling empire, I deliberately didn't read any of the material that came before, figuring I'd learn it along the way by interacting with everyone else.

As for the GMing, I come from a background of 2E AD&D, and I don't think we even understood the system at all. But what I do remember is there was never any wiggle room in our campaigns, and I've had my fill of scripts. If I see a disaster ravaging an advanced empire, then that's their problem. I take a sandbox approach, especially in RPs of this scale. Space scavengers offering information on the thing? Perfect opportunity to trade for technology. Unwilling tontrade for it? Send someone down to the surface to scout their defences and take it. They've been in space longer so they're bou d to have some good shit and the risk is worth it. The whole reason the bomb ship kamikaze'd the Domain fleet and not the scavenger base was the fact that "Hey, these guys have better tech, with reinforcements coming we can take them with shear numbers."

Basically, events are fine. I love events. Storylines though are extremely iffy to me. Especially if it's some world ending event right off the bat that has to be dealt with and is going to affect me regardless of what I do. You say you wanted this to be a more complex Stellaris, well events like this shouldn't be happening until our borders are rubbing right up against each other and there's nowhere to go.)
avatar
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Posts : 401
Join date : 2016-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by Caspoi on Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:40 pm

[I will see if I can write more than merely their responses]

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Posts : 672
Join date : 2016-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by Offizier Necro on Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:04 pm

@Caspoi wrote:[I will see if I can write more than merely their responses]
((Just some tips for this: I've had some experiences in the past where the situation only merits a character giving a short response, so my idea for these situations is to give descriptions of how people give their statements such as with their body language and tone. I also enjoy doing insight into the psychology of characters, but that route might not be the best for a species intended to be enigmatic.))


Last edited by Offizier Necro on Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I forgot to quote the desired post.)
avatar
Offizier Necro
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Posts : 124
Join date : 2016-06-06
Age : 20
Location : Haven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by The Clans on Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:31 pm

(I've started preliminary work on the new universe, including an empire system that's a little more understandable? Certainly more flexible. Such as allowing for empire 'gimmicks' so to speak. For example with the Yuxu, most Social techs are within their grasp, but they have to steal/scavenge/be given other tech to advance their technological understanding. Necro's people, if he's still pursuing this, being able to take almost mundane space age equipment and appliances and make doomsday death devices out of them. Such as taking a microwave oven and turning it into a giant microwave death ray. Something special about the empire's government or primary species that may be interpreted by their traits or something that traits can't account for.

Also the stage of development that an empire starts in, whether it's newly arisen and just reached space, has expanded a little with a few colonies without encountering few if any other species and thus have a larger economic base but no real war tech, and being from an ancient empire that's been smashed at some time in the past and is recovering and possesses some scraps of advanced tech and very few planets. More ideas are welcome.)
avatar
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Posts : 401
Join date : 2016-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by Caspoi on Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:42 pm

[It seems like a bit of a waste to abandon this thing though]

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Posts : 672
Join date : 2016-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by Offizier Necro on Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:21 pm

((I like the ideas for the new system so far, assuming we can rally the players to switch over. Also, for the development states, I propose "space nomad", which is what the name implies. People of the "space nomad" type might be peaceful trading remnants of a destroyed empire or they could be interstellar marauders, or anything in between. It'd be similar to how the Fallen Empire development state can include both hedonistic isolationists who live in an enclosed "utopia" and self-appointed guardians of the galaxy who resent their fall from grace.))
avatar
Offizier Necro
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Posts : 124
Join date : 2016-06-06
Age : 20
Location : Haven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by Joe Joerson on Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:51 pm

@Caspoi wrote:[It seems like a bit of a waste to abandon this thing though]

(If necessary I can lock down the Aftermath Roleplay section until such a time comes to pass that we might return likely under a new GM or such.)

Theclans wrote:(I've started preliminary work on the new universe, including an empire system that's a little more understandable? Certainly more flexible. Such as allowing for empire 'gimmicks' so to speak. For example with the Yuxu, most Social techs are within their grasp, but they have to steal/scavenge/be given other tech to advance their technological understanding. Necro's people, if he's still pursuing this, being able to take almost mundane space age equipment and appliances and make doomsday death devices out of them. Such as taking a microwave oven and turning it into a giant microwave death ray. Something special about the empire's government or primary species that may be interpreted by their traits or something that traits can't account for.

Also the stage of development that an empire starts in, whether it's newly arisen and just reached space, has expanded a little with a few colonies without encountering few if any other species and thus have a larger economic base but no real war tech, and being from an ancient empire that's been smashed at some time in the past and is recovering and possesses some scraps of advanced tech and very few planets. More ideas are welcome.)

(These are good ideas, I will tell you if I think of anything important not previously mentioned.)

@Offizier Necro wrote:((I like the ideas for the new system so far, assuming we can rally the players to switch over. Also, for the development states, I propose "space nomad", which is what the name implies. People of the "space nomad" type might be peaceful trading remnants of a destroyed empire or they could be interstellar marauders, or anything in between. It'd be similar to how the Fallen Empire development state can include both hedonistic isolationists who live in an enclosed "utopia" and self-appointed guardians of the galaxy who resent their fall from grace.))

(I would second the space nomad Idea.)


Last edited by Joe Joerson on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to cross a t and dot an i)
avatar
Joe Joerson
Admin

Posts : 682
Join date : 2016-04-18
Age : 855
Location : Hightailing it to the Magellanic Clouds

View user profile http://stellarisroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by Zuko Darkborn on Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:05 am

Theclans wrote:
(@Zuko I don't know about everyone else, but not knowing the composition of the galaxy halted my colonization. Since I was playing a fledgling empire, I deliberately didn't read any of the material that came before, figuring I'd learn it along the way by interacting with everyone else.

As for the GMing, I come from a background of 2E AD&D, and I don't think we even understood the system at all. But what I do remember is there was never any wiggle room in our campaigns, and I've had my fill of scripts. If I see a disaster ravaging an advanced empire, then that's their problem. I take a sandbox approach, especially in RPs of this scale. Space scavengers offering information on the thing? Perfect opportunity to trade for technology. Unwilling tontrade for it? Send someone down to the surface to scout their defences and take it. They've been in space longer so they're bou d to have some good shit and the risk is worth it. The whole reason the bomb ship kamikaze'd the Domain fleet and not the scavenger base was the fact that "Hey, these guys have better tech, with reinforcements coming we can take them with shear numbers."

Basically, events are fine. I love events. Storylines though are extremely iffy to me. Especially if it's some world ending event right off the bat that has to be dealt with and is going to affect me regardless of what I do. You say you wanted this to be a more complex Stellaris, well events like this shouldn't be happening until our borders are rubbing right up against each other and there's nowhere to go.)
(I never really expected to be a GM, I was just the creator of the setting. The setting that was supposed to be used by others to create own stories, that would through diplomacy and war affect each other. After a while, since there were none that made up any events, I created the "Planet-eater" event, mostly as an example. It never was supposed to destroy the galaxy or anything. It was a single event that was caused by the setting itself, and had do with my species' backstory. After this, none else seemed to do anything. There weren't supposed to be any great progression or storyline. It ended up that way because there wasn't anything else. The reason I did a poor job GMing was probably because I never was the GM.) I shall probably see what happens with your new thing, but I'm considering leaving this like most others already have.)
avatar
Zuko Darkborn
Primus Moderator
Primus Moderator

Posts : 239
Join date : 2016-04-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by Caspoi on Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:08 am

[Personally I just postponed my plans until the planet eaters had been dealt with]

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Posts : 672
Join date : 2016-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by Joe Joerson on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:24 am

(Perhaps we should move this discussion into the OOC Chat and Discussions section?)
avatar
Joe Joerson
Admin

Posts : 682
Join date : 2016-04-18
Age : 855
Location : Hightailing it to the Magellanic Clouds

View user profile http://stellarisroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by Caspoi on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:52 am

[Probably]

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Posts : 672
Join date : 2016-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by Joe Joerson on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:57 pm

(Created new topic, please keep discussion here, I will be locking up topics and sections in the Aftermath roleplay section.)


Last edited by Joe Joerson on Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing spelling mistakes)
avatar
Joe Joerson
Admin

Posts : 682
Join date : 2016-04-18
Age : 855
Location : Hightailing it to the Magellanic Clouds

View user profile http://stellarisroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by Joe Joerson on Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:50 pm

So speaking of Ideas relating to the new Roleplay, I thought I would speak about civilian ships and how I might envision them.

In the Aftermath Roleplay most of the connections and communications between players and empires were diplomatic affairs. By introducing civilians and their attempts, depending on the Empire of course, would allow for both more diplomatic contact between the Governments themselves and would allow for additional contact between players.

For example after diplomatic relations have been established perhaps corporations and free traders attempt to Trade with the Empires, whether they be the Native Government and the Traders or the Native Traders and the foreign competition.

Or perhaps far beyond the "Official" wave of expansion and explorations are those Free Traders, Free Colonists, Corporations and Conglomerates are out meeting new life, trading, making friends and enemies, founding new colonies, perhaps they stay close to their mother countries or perhaps they are independent.

Or maybe a trade flotilla arriving conceals actual Governmental agents and spies sent for subterfuge in both sabotage and intelligence gathering.

Or new contacts could be made first from a colony ship arriving at an already inhabited world, or perhaps coming under attack from Pirates and Alien vessels coming to rescue, from protection of the colony vessel to hatred of the Pirates.

What do all of you think? And what more could we do?


Last edited by Joe Joerson on Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction of word tense.)
avatar
Joe Joerson
Admin

Posts : 682
Join date : 2016-04-18
Age : 855
Location : Hightailing it to the Magellanic Clouds

View user profile http://stellarisroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by Offizier Necro on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:02 pm

@Joe Joerson wrote:So speaking of Ideas relating to the new Roleplay, I thought I would speak about civilian ships and how I might envision them. [...] What do all of you think?
I agree with this idea. For nations with private sectors, private actors would also doing their own thing in addition to government representatives. Also, SPACE CHINESE GOODS WHEN
avatar
Offizier Necro
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Posts : 124
Join date : 2016-06-06
Age : 20
Location : Haven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Roleplay Universe

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum