Joe's Imperial Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion

+4
Vagrant Hero
Zuko Darkborn
The Clans
Offizier Necro
8 posters

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Discussion

Post by Joe Joerson Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:15 pm

Vagrant Hero wrote:Buenos Aires was a false flag and was allowed by the government to happen in order to get support for the war from the general populace! They knew about that asteroid well in advance and could have stopped it if the protection of their citizenry had been their true aim. Instead, it was used as provocation to start a war across the star and commit genocide on a wide scale. #BuenosAiresTruth

Now this just makes me want to do a false flag operation, and from the view point of the Xengari that actually might be a good idea...

Joe Joerson
Admin

https://stellarisroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:42 pm

Joe Joerson wrote:Now this just makes me want to do a false flag operation, and from the view point of the Xengari that actually might be a good idea...

I highly recommend partaking in the devious trickery that our modern governments have showcased so well. Perhaps this will even inspire a counter-movement of Xengari who are only mildly Xenophobic and, after learning about the truth of the incident, begin re-evaluating their stance on aliens and decide that they can't possibly all be bad. Maybe. But probably not.

Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:15 pm

Joe Joerson wrote:
Hmm it will certainly be an interesting future for them. However if Caspoi's bugs have their way...

Possibilities:

This is why humanity is doomed to failure. Not once did someone try to climb on top of the bug and attempt to either ride or slap explosives on it. Amateurs.

As for Starship Troopers, it's great if you like campy cheese. In theory I should like it, but I read the book first so I ragequit when I tried to watch it. You can't be part of the Mobile Infantry without what makes the Mobile Infantry mobile: cryogenically stored jump jet power armor that lobs mini nukes at everything. Also there were no male pilots, they were all female because women were able to do the math necessary for landing and reentering orbit faster than men, for whatever reason. Oh, and they were all bald so hair wouldn't get in the way in zero G.

In closing, book is amazing, watch the movie first but know you're walking into a total cheese fest.

The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Offizier Necro Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:21 pm

Theclans wrote:
Joe Joerson wrote:
Hmm it will certainly be an interesting future for them. However if Caspoi's bugs have their way...

Possibilities:

This is why humanity is doomed to failure. Not once did someone try to climb on top of the bug and attempt to either ride or slap explosives on it. Amateurs.
I can tell you didn't finish the movie either, since that actually happens in the movie. Well, technically it's shooting a hole into the top of a giant bug and then throwing explosives into its insides rather than onto the bug's top, but still.

Offizier Necro
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:37 pm

Offizier Necro wrote:
Theclans wrote:
Joe Joerson wrote:

Possibilities:

I can tell you didn't finish the movie either, since that actually happens in the movie. Well, technically it's shooting a hole into the top of a giant bug and then throwing explosives into its insides rather than onto the bug's top, but still.

I, for one, would like to know more.

Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Offizier Necro Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:52 pm

Vagrant Hero wrote:
Offizier Necro wrote:
Theclans wrote:This is why humanity is doomed to failure. Not once did someone try to climb on top of the bug and attempt to either ride or slap explosives on it. Amateurs.

Would you like to know more?:
Offizier Necro
Offizier Necro
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:08 pm

Offizier Necro wrote:
Vagrant Hero wrote:
Offizier Necro wrote:
Theclans wrote:This is why humanity is doomed to failure. Not once did someone try to climb on top of the bug and attempt to either ride or slap explosives on it. Amateurs.

Would you like to know more?:

This human would be a credit to the Corps.
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Offizier Necro Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:09 pm

Zuko Darkborn wrote:The incoming alien vessel has a weird, impractical design which most xenophobes would view as bizarre and alien. An ocean of differently colored symbols and images cover the hull, and the form has wavy curves. The main color scheme is blue, purple and white.
This made me realize that I never described what Freeman ships look like. Basically, just imagine a metal pill (or a blimp without the passenger box thing at the bottom) flying through space with a giant thruster at the rear and the occasional random feature like ball turrets, retractable antennae, covered missile ports, and so on. Almost comically plain.

In the future, I plan on Freeman ships becoming more adapted for space life and becoming even more ugly (aside from the random impractically flashy ship) by throwing aerodynamic designs out the window because there is no need to give a damn about aerodynamics in space so having murder cubes flying around are just as practical as plane-shaped ones or even car-shaped ones. ENGINEERING, HO!

The main reason it's a spess zeppelin at the moment is because the inner decks are on a giant centrifuge that provides a artificial gravity, which is a low-tech solution to a scifi tech need. It's actually planned for IRL space stations eventually since gravity is important for our long-term health (especially our bones). The centrifugal interior decks were what Theclans was referencing with the "It appears that most of the rig is a spinning anti-boarding component" line.

Just gotta get gravity plating or something similar before I can make blocky ships like Stellaris's mammalian ones. Combat ones will probably still be rounded in order to allow more grazing shots and stuff like that.
Offizier Necro
Offizier Necro
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:23 pm

Offizier Necro wrote:This made me realize that I never described what Freeman ships look like. Basically, just imagine a metal pill (or a blimp without the passenger box thing at the bottom) flying through space with a giant thruster at the rear and the occasional random feature like ball turrets, retractable antennae, covered missile ports, and so on. Almost comically plain.

In the future, I plan on Freeman ships becoming more adapted for space life and becoming even more ugly (aside from the random impractically flashy ship) by throwing aerodynamic designs out the window because there is no need to give a damn about aerodynamics in space so having murder cubes flying around are just as practical as plane-shaped ones or even car-shaped ones. ENGINEERING, HO!

The main reason it's a spess zeppelin at the moment is because the inner decks are on a giant centrifuge that provides a artificial gravity, which is a low-tech solution to a scifi tech need. It's actually planned for IRL space stations eventually since gravity is important for our long-term health (especially our bones). The centrifugal interior decks were what Theclans was referencing with the "It appears that most of the rig is a spinning anti-boarding component" line.

Just gotta get gravity plating or something similar before I can make blocky ships like Stellaris's mammalian ones. Combat ones will probably still be rounded in order to allow more grazing shots and stuff like that.

But the opportunity...
Space Battleship Yamato:

Last edited by Joe Joerson on Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional Support for Position)
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Offizier Necro Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:56 pm

Joe Joerson wrote:
Offizier Necro wrote:-snip-
But the opportunity...
Space Battleship Yamato:
>regular ships modified into flying space ships
I swear to god I've never watched this anime but I had that idea in another RP once. It was an alien invasion gameshow taking place during the Cold War, and my character was an eccentric pirate captain who was officially designated as the team mad scientist without me asking for it, since I kept designing increasingly ridiculous things. My ultimate idea (that I never got to use due to the RP dying) was "Project Doombox". Strap some antigravity stuff to an aircraft carrier or other big ship since they have entire nuclear reactors aboard, then use superconductors to create a speaker system that could handle the ridiculous amount of power from the might of a god damn nuclear reactor. Float the ship over a major city and then play music so comically loud that it would kill everyone outside, crumble buildings, detonate rockets (or at least throw them off course), and so on.

Some really basic stuff in scifi like superconductors that work at room temperature are ridiculously useful to the point that you could do ridiculously inefficient stuff like make giant magnets to make speakers as above, when it would be even more practical to use it for, say, railguns or murder-tasers. Even simply better batteries would make a world of difference, like making powered exoskeletons for everyone from the disabled to the military suddenly practical.

In conclusion, don't let me get my hands on anything ever. Razz
Offizier Necro
Offizier Necro
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:39 am

Still want space battleship Yamato...

...next time I have the opportunity, make human empire, space battleship Yamato immediately. Or you know when Battleships are a thing. Gonna go make the Empire, or as much as I can, right now...

...Also gonna stop using the dot dot dots...

...One day...

...Soon...

...I swear...
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:16 am

Joe Joerson wrote:

...Also gonna stop using the dot dot dots...

...One day...

...Soon...

...I swear...

-. . ...- . .-. / . -. --- ..- --. .... / -.. --- - ...
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:26 am

Theclans wrote:-. . ...- . .-. / . -. --- ..- --. .... / -.. --- - ...

.- -. -.. -..-. .-. . .- .-.. .-.. -.-- -..-. .. -..-. .-- .. .-.. .-.. -..-. -. . ...- . .-. -..-. ... - --- .--. -..-. .--- ..- ... - -..-. ... .- -.-- .. -. --.
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zuko Darkborn Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:56 am

Zuko Darkborn
Zuko Darkborn
Primus Moderator
Primus Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:58 am

Zuko Darkborn wrote:...

There's no need to hiss at people.
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zuko Darkborn Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:59 am

In Eogon theaters, hissing is considered really important to interactions. I was just practicing for the big show, you know.
Zuko Darkborn
Zuko Darkborn
Primus Moderator
Primus Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 am

I think that I'm going to change the Corps ethos from Spiritualist to Xenophile. Yuxu spiritualism is largely marginal and was only ever really a workaround for the Divine Mandate government type, while in most threads they've been genuinely excited to meet new species. The Visitor Center also fits in with their diplomacy customs of wanting others to feel at home.

Also, what does everyone think about including their empire's policies on their empire sheet? Too much effort? I'm going to go ahead and include it to give people more dirt on the dust lizards and Space Amazon.
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:10 am

"I like the idea of including policies," says the guy who hasn't even finished writing up his empire yet. "They'll add more flavor, and with some creativity, you could even make up your own!"

*Edit* I DID IT. Empire posted. Spent so much time coming up with concepts, writing it out, reviewing it, scrapping it, and have basically settled on a HRE/Meiji Japan/Eastern Orthodox-Shinto blend. Decided to just cut some stuff out and continue to work on it at a later time. Want to finally get involved in the galaxy, lol.
Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:11 pm

I would say too much work but I will probably end up doing it anyway.

As well welcome to the galaxy Vagrant Hero. Likely going to have fun times fighting normal wars with the Swarms rather than the plain old wars of mutual extermination that others will likely be forced to. As well hope that Space Amazon doesn't come it blow up all means of movement in your Empire allowing for to pick off by the more opportunistic races. Also hope sometime I will actually have enough time to read your full Empire sheet rather than just skimming as much as I could.

And remember there are still four Xengari Scout Corvettes looking for intelligent life out there. Admittedly only so that they can better kill them but you know. The Xengari might bring everyone together trying to kill them or stop the Xengari from killing them. All fun times.

Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:17 pm

"Fun times" is basically what this galaxy seems to be about. The TL;DR version of my empire is Space HRE with a Meiji Style Emperor and Eastern Orthodoxy as the model for the ecclesiastical structure of the church, a treacherous Conclave that makes all the decisions, as well as some good filler taken from other cultures.

Speaking of those four scout corvettes, I think it's about time to launch an exploratory fleet to check things out. Hint hint.

Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:27 pm

Having edited in the Corps' policies, I can confirm that it was a lot of work that I did anyway.
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:56 am

Well current developments are certainly interesting. I would like to point out for those who would like the Xengari still have four Corvettes exploring unaccounted for, contact me if interested in a meeting or such.

Certainly the exploring the Hiveship at Haven is gonna be fun to see. Especially 'cause nothing could possibly go wrong.
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:59 am

I mean, what could go wrong? I mean, nine times out of ten derelict ships are full of dead aliens and free stuff, and the other 10% of the time it's full of unspeakable horrors, but I'm willing to roll those dice.
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:06 am

Exactly nothing could ever go wrong with that, and by us keeping on saying that nothing could go wrong it will definitely not invoke cosmic powers to make something go wrong. I mean it is almost impossible for anything to go wrong in that situation.
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:08 am

You know, by the inverse law of probability, it is actually looking more and more likely that things will turn out fine. If something was going to go wrong, then we wouldn't be having this discussion. Smile
Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:18 am

Yeah, it would have happened by now. Everything is fine.
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:30 am

Still want Space Battleship Yamato to be a thing but is not looking likely for this Rp, maybe next time...
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:03 am

Joe Joerson wrote:Exactly nothing could ever go wrong with that, and by us keeping on saying that nothing could go wrong it will definitely not invoke cosmic powers to make something go wrong. I mean it is almost impossible for anything to go wrong in that situation.

You really want things to go wrong don't you? Well mayby by the power of that wish nothing willl go wrong and everyone will live happily ever after, except for Swarmking.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:14 am

We must lend Joe our power, so that his wish may be strengthened. Joe Ha Joe Ha Hoo Ra Hoo!
We shall make your wish come true! Yaaaaaay...
Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:42 pm

Vagrant Hero wrote:We must lend Joe our power, so that his wish may be strengthened. Joe Ha Joe Ha Hoo Ra Hoo!
We shall make your wish come true! Yaaaaaay...

Wait a moment here.

Is this from something or did this come out of the blue...?
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next