Joe's Imperial Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the Hell I've been and Forumotion

3 posters

Go down

Where the Hell I've been and Forumotion Empty Where the Hell I've been and Forumotion

Post by The Clans Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:52 pm

So, ever since I've been here, for whatever reason, Forumotion always redirects my phone to other URLs that won't let me leave until I kill the tab externally. Earlier this month it started sendi g me to the app store on my tablet. And now it does the same thing that it does to my phone on my computer. It just happens whenever. I hate it when it happens since I don't feel like my devices are clean anymore, and this only happens on this site. So... I honestly have no idea what to do.
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Where the Hell I've been and Forumotion Empty Re: Where the Hell I've been and Forumotion

Post by Joe Joerson Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:02 am

So Good News, Bad News, and interesting news

Bad News this is very widespread and there is no solution, the forumotion devs are working on it but haven't made anything happen in months as far as I can tell.

Good News as long as you do not click on the dangerous links and they merely bring you to different pages they shouldn't bring you anywhere that can auto download a virus or such, however use your own discretion when dealing with such.

Interesting News if buying in bulk for a price of twelve dollars and forty cents I could pay for the Roleplay forum to be add free for registered users for a year. Discounts of a couple cents for buying in bulk.

And thus ends your random Admin news broadcast for the duration of time until the next one.
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

https://stellarisroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Where the Hell I've been and Forumotion Empty Re: Where the Hell I've been and Forumotion

Post by Vagrant Hero Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:01 am

I am going to search online if there are any potential solutions for you.

Edit:

From what I've gathered, there seems to be some things that you can do that might solve the issue.

• Use a different browser, like Mozilla Firefox.
  • Run a scan for malware using programs like Malware Bytes.
  • Get rid of toolbar applications.
  • Change your settings to prevent redirection.

That's what a quick search revealed, but I'll keep digging.

Edit #2:

It may also be something in the html. For example, if it is consistently a page like adf.ly, then I recommend doing some google searches for how other people have fixed these redirection, and seeing if they are applicable to you.
Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:39 pm

Thanks for the help, guys. I think I'm going to opt for the laziest solution and have the forum open in another window so if it redirects I can use Task Manager to kill it without wiping out my other tabs.
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum