Joe's Imperial Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Septhi Royal Exploration Corps SREC

2 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Septhi Royal Exploration Corps   SREC - Page 3 Empty Re: Septhi Royal Exploration Corps SREC

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:26 am

Meanwhile a wormhole is opening relatively near their position.

"Well, we could have that the computer and the representative are dropped outside of your airlock which you then open so as to let them in. Is your airlock large enough to encompass objects that are [the equivalent of 1 square meter] large?"

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Septhi Royal Exploration Corps   SREC - Page 3 Empty Re: Septhi Royal Exploration Corps SREC

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:39 am

"Indeed, it shouldnt be a problem then, we just need to accomodate for whatever shape it is. Shouldnt be too hard."

Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:48 am

Out from the wormhole comes a ship similar to the existing one. It approaches the two parties and drops of an Axtromd holding a large metal box which looked like it would be quite heavy if not for the total lack of gravity (remember that the Axtromd are quite small as a species). the Axtromd aprroaches the Septhi vessel and knocks on it to call attention to himself.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:58 am

The Septhi ship opens its secure space-lock as the Septhi outside head inside and gesture the newcommer to follow

Onboard the ship the crew is ready by the Space-Dock to see this alien in person to person. Some even have personal recording devices prepared.

Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:07 am

The Axtromd comes in, holding his large box. While a large part of his face is obscured by the suit that he is wearing his eyes are visible and his two forward ones observe the gathered Septhi while the two on the sides swirl around to get an impression of the ship [by the way, is your ship simulating gravity in any way and if so how, the Axtromd use magnetic boots].

"Greetings, I am Commander Rahomd and I will act as a representative of the Khendros. Which one of you is the commander?"

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:37 am

The Septhi look at the strange creature intrigued, the ship appears highly advanced with fine shapes and sliding doors, gravity appears simulating, by an artificial gravity generator, most likely in the Engineering compartment of the ship. One Septhi steps forward the captain to talk

"I am in charge, greetings Rahomd. I am Captain Minara." The female Septhi like the rest of her kind is covered in fine pristine, white fur with a few grey stripes or spots along the facial area. She is wearing some form of uniform, whit unknown markings but on the right side of her chest is a mark thats unmistakeably a Sun, a mark they all seem to have in common on their uniform. "I welcome you aboard our vessel..Your the first foreign intelligence we have ever met as you might know."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:57 am

"Yes, I was debriefed on the situation on my way to here. I know as much about your species as my comrades have picked up during your encounter with them and am prepared to learn more. How long will it take until you reach your destination? Judging by the information gathered from your arrival in this system you use an unorthodox way of travelling great distances. I would also require help to move the Computer."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:06 pm

The Captain orders some of the crew to help with moving the computer before talking "Depends on the distance we travel, generally travel between most systems with short distance requires a few days. We can return to the dynastic frontier from here, im sure the Lord Explorator would wish to talk with you in person. Such a trip would take from here, aproximately 27 days in Warp-Speed. Until then i would be more than eager to answer any questions you have if youl answer mine."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:12 pm

"Then I better get settled here, while I have some provisions it would be best to establish what I can and can't eat from your food. I will also use my own supplies of air for now as yours seem rather too thick for my liking. In the meantime I am interested in learning about your culture and teaching you of my own."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:33 pm

The Captain nods with a smile and gestures with her arms for him to follow "Do come with me, let us start with the essentials, as you said what you can and cant eat. We have a large stockpile of foods as well as an internal Hydroponics system which in the worst case scenario can supply this ship with food as long as emergency solar panels arnt damaged."

Minara leads Rahomd towards a large room with dozens of tables and seats, with a large counter with steaming food appears to be prepared at, only just now the crew who serve as the cooks are returning to their post, saluting her. "This is the mess-hall and cafeteria of the Vessel, where the Crew can go to get food whenever they are not on duty. All the food is kept warm and prepared for whenever people need it. It consists primarily of fruits and vegetables we grow in the Hydroponics facility, but a large storage of meats from across the Dynasty is also avaible and can keep the ship stocked and supplied for 3 months until new pick ups of meat."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:48 pm

"My people do not consume vegetables, I will have to test meat at a later date to see I can and can't eat. Tell me, how large is the crew on a ship like this?"

As he said this he studied the different kinds of food to see which ones were most likely to be edible.

"In the meantime", he countinued "I would like to know how you appoint your officials and their roles in society and then we could go on and talk about any coustoms about which I should know or the technology which you possess."

He did not say this but the last point interested him most as the level of technology an encountered species possessed was vital in the evaluation of their capabilities and as such how to proceed. They had shown themselves capable of spacecraft that could traverse the void of space, albeit at a slow pace than the near instantaneus wormholes of the Khendros, and seemed to possess some relatively capable solar panels but little else to indicate the level of technology of such an old empire.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:12 pm

Theres a large selection of meats and its hard to tell, but they all seem well prepared, warm, steaming, well cooked.

"The crew of my vessel is 180 Crewmen and 20 security staff. In total makking us number 200. We are just an exploration vessel. And appoint our officials? Generally either by heridatory positions of noble bloodlines or public election, some old families work hard to keep their positions as not to be elected out by the citizenship. Most of our elected officials serve in the Parlament and any other govermental role below the Queen. Pray tell your own society on this matter?"
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:29 pm

"Our people are evaluated based on their competence in different fields and appointed to positions most likely to suit them, they are then promoted if they show great skill in this field. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy in which skill alone determines your position. Due to this we have a well funktioning and efficient society where everyone contributes to the society to the best of their capabilities and in return the society takes care of them to the best of it's capabilities. Our ideology can be summarised by the four key words Order, Progress, Prosperity and Efficiency. By this we created the State, the Khendros, and we countinue to improve upon it so that becomes the Utopia that we seek. Does that sound good to you?"

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:45 pm

"Sounds fascinating, but our society works splendidly in our own experience. Weve created a perfect mix between the Liberty for the citizenship but also a state that goes in to support does that cannot provide for themselves. This gives people the oppertunity to chase their dreams and desires they wish for their own future. But also the security for those that are less fortunate in society to get into aposition like the rest. Im sure your system is good to your people. We are just happy the Dynasty has worked hard for its citizenship for hundreds of years."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:58 pm

Rahomd wondered a bit about how much he dared press on without offending his hosts.

"But is the adequate not something to be improved upon so as to make it the perfect? While I have the deepest regard for the Dynasty for the time it has spent working on providing for it's inhabitants the chance involved genetics and upbringing means that there likely exist an individual within your realm who is more capable that your reigning queen for the job but is never given the chance, and if there exist such an individual should he not be the queen [note the Khendros' lack of gender pronouns]? Of course, you may not be the best person to debate politicks with and I am still interested in you culture and technology."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:09 pm

"The Eternal Septhian Dynasty, the Queens family. Is divinely chosen to lead our people. You cant go against what is Eternal and sacred, such would be wrong and dishonourable. And such an individual would serve the Queen well as an elected member of Parlament im sure, the queen could make use of such a persons advice..But why do you say He?...I must admit, that sounds strange...The Queen is a female. As am i" She gestures over her body lightly, slight focus at her chest....Perhaps not the best way...But then again theyve never met Aliens before.

Comming to that realisation "Oh...Your own kind must not have the differences in genders as we do?"
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:12 pm

"Apparantly not as I am not certain of what you are referring to, I can not get an adequate translation for gender. It is apparantly a way for you to differentiate between people but on what basis I do not know."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:13 pm

"Ehm...So you dont have males and females? You must reproduce Asexually then? Surely you have animals who produce, sexually and have gender?"
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:20 pm

"We reproduce by having the sire regurgutating the egg of the child if that is an answer. There are some creatures who reproduce in different way, found in the colonies but I am not a biologist and do not know much about that.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:26 pm

"Regurgutating?...An egg? Very...Different and Alien indeed...We are very different biologically it would seem. We reproduce by a male, providing part of the genes, sexually. To the female, who then gives birth to live children. Who has genes combined from both parents. One half from the female, the other from the male."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:31 pm

"Quite different indeed. I wonder, how does this ship travel at the speed at which it does? you mentioned "warp" but from our understanding of physics nothing can exceed the speed of light [I presume that the ship is currently travelling through the warp]."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:35 pm

The Ship is indeed in warp-travel but inside the ship noone feels anything...For them its as if its standing still.

"I am not an expert on it, but Warp-Drives is a stable of our vessels and has been since we reached the Interstellar stage, many generations ago. I can explain it simple as the Drive creates a 'bubble' of real space around the ship before bending reality around us, and that way pushing us in essence faster than light by bending the universe to reach our destination."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:43 pm

"Fascinating", He made a private note to the Computer to tell the scientists back home about this as such a thing would deeply interest them. "It is always good to learn new things about how the universe works is it not? Tell me, have you ever personally encountered something which made you feel as if you are truly widening your horisons? Apart from us of course."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:48 pm

"Our people have not found much, in my own personal opinion, the first world with primitive life i discovered, the beauty in their evolution, the animals. A true sign that shows how inventive the Gods were when they created this cosmos and put all this in motion. But in all im not the best person to ask this. This discovery is historical however, everyone will look back to this day."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:53 pm

"And I am honoured to be a part of it."

[This small talk can't keep up forever, shall we fast forward to the point where they arrive?]

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:20 pm

(Sure that can be done)

After 28 days or so, in Warp-Speed the Vessel arrives very, very far away from the previous system, clearly in Septhi space now, as this system appears to be busy with commercial, and civilian vessels, approaching a planet with urban landscapes across it. The Captain prepares the ship for landing Planetside at the Lord-Explorator's Governor Palace. A large fine structure, with clearly religious meanings in the architecture, the Symbol of the Sun is prevelant all over the place, and made with fine stone. And appears rather beautiful and well crafted.

The Ship lands at a docking stations at the side of the Palace as the Governor, stands outside, with two guards waiting.
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:31 pm

Rahomd walks outside. The Computer is still inside the ship for now but he can still communicate with it so there are no problems with communication. As he walks up to the governor he looks around the palace he takes in everything he can so as to get a clearer picture of the architecture.

"Greetings, I am Rahomd of the Khendros. I presume that you are the one in charge of the place."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:48 pm

The Architecture, at least of the palace appears highly spiritual and religious, iconography of the Sun is prevelant everywhere, its made of Stone for the most part to look pretty, and painted to almost shine when the sun is on it. Alot of work and hard craftsmanship has been put into this.

The Lord-Explorator is a Male Septhi 2.8 Meters tall. He looks at Rahomd as he approaches "We received the message and did not believe it, welcome Rahomd of the Khendros. I am Lord-Explorator Isateph. Elected Governor of this Planet and the sorrounding systems. It is an honor to meet you in person finally, we have been monitoring all the conversations and recordings since the Vessel discovered you thanks to the Warp-Communications Relays. Please, make yourself comfortable in this Sacred abode touched by the Queen herself."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:00 pm

"Then you did believe it," Rahomd noted "I thank you for your accomodations and hope to be a good representative of my government. I wonder, are you the governor of this entire planet or only this general area?"

Due to it's prevalence on the buildings and uniforms of the Septhi Rahomd concluded that the sun must be an important symbol for the Septhi people. He wondered at the implications. His suit on the other hand was rather plain but form-fitting and full of different devices such as weapons, a transmittor, a periscope etc.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:27 pm

"I am the Governor of this entire sector of space. I answer directly to the Throne-Worlds in the Center of the Dynasty, this is merely a frontier of our space. The Goverment back in the Throne-Worlds are still not sure how to address this, but we will receive their words and questions soon enough. You must understand we did not expect anything like this after so many Generations with no contact to other intelligent lifeforms. I however as the Lord-Explorator, have always had this thought in the back of my head. I am just glad the Gods have seen fit that it is in my lifetime and durring my charge it was to happen."

The Septhi 'uniforms' here on the planet appear more like fine robes, with various iconography on them, the Sun is prevelant throughout all of this, the Governors is exceptionally fine, clearly alot of work has been put into the clothing, propably by hand and care over a long period instead of mass-produced goods.
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next