Joe's Imperial Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion

+3
Skozzy
Mthis
Zuko Darkborn
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion

Post by Zuko Darkborn Thu May 26, 2016 4:30 am

A low stability high culture country can for example have a loosely unified empire where local cultures has far more focus than loyalty to the nation.

A high stability low culture country can be a country where rules bind the populace, and denounce spiritual and cultural trends.

A high stability high culture country would have loyalty or happiness deeply ingrained in the rich culture.

Zuko Darkborn
Primus Moderator
Primus Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Offizier Necro Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:01 am

Hello everyone! This is my first post here. I'm friends with Theclans, which is how I got here. I'm very comfortable with character-based roleplays, but going back to a larger-scale roleplay should be an interesting experiment in my abilities.

Anyways, I plan on playing as a collapsed human colony that lost all of its technology and "went primitive", and has worked its way back up to 1940's-ish technology. I'm still hammering out a few details, such as if they find an ancient crashed ship or a pre-collapse library that they figure out some technology from (e.g. FTL communication or even travel) in order to participate with other player empires, but I've got the majority of the history, government, traits, important figures, and so on figured out. Their government will be an Indirect Democracy founded upon the principles of Fanatic Individualism and probably Materialism, to the chagrin of the supporters of the regime it bloodily overthrew and the majority of the planet with otherwise differing Ethos.

I couldn't find an official form, so I just copied (and slightly modified) the form from a random empire in the empire list. Is this all correct? Just want to make sure I don't fill out a form I shouldn't be filling out.

Application Form:

Offizier Necro
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zuko Darkborn Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:12 am

Welcome, hopefully this should bring some progress! As long as you include the necessary information, the form of the species is not important, so yours is fine.

I am the Kreazi Domain, although I also roleplay through the Kingdom of the Viur (domain rebels), the Asurnaois (a galactic disaster that kills all life on planets), and some guild of scavengers. The current Kreazi capital is Earth (progress!), so things might be a bit confusing (you were humans on a colony planet, right?)

Zuko Darkborn
Primus Moderator
Primus Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Offizier Necro Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:47 am

Zuko Darkborn wrote:Welcome, hopefully this should bring some progress! As long as you include the necessary information, the form of the species is not important, so yours is fine.
Alright, thanks. I look forward to throwing a dusty bowler hat into the adamantium ring.

Zuko Darkborn wrote:I am the Kreazi Domain, although I also roleplay through the Kingdom of the Viur (domain rebels), the Asurnaois (a galactic disaster that kills all life on planets), and some guild of scavengers. The current Kreazi capital is Earth (progress!), so things might be a bit confusing (you were humans on a colony planet, right?)
I haven't looked through all of the empires yet, only two or three random posts in the empire list and then one of Joe and Theclans's threads, so I didn't see that you already had Earth. However, I don't think this will be a problem as the destruction of the galaxies empires (and also the Earth, according to what's in https://stellarisroleplay.rpg-board.net/t27-domain-worlds-updated) happened thousands of years ago, it is still in line with my current canon of the mining colony falling apart thousands of years ago and having to work its way back up to industrial civilization all the way from sticks and pointy rocks.

That is, unless, Earth was destroyed before humans ever got to see interstellar flight, such as nuking itself into oblivion or having an alien invasion go bad. Right now it doesn't sound like that's the case because of Mars being a junkyard (and thus having people to fly to it and make it a junkyard), so I think I should be fine. The people of my world don't remember interstellar flight and only have tales of people flying across the heavens in ancient pagan myths that nobody believes anymore, so it's not like the details of Earth's downfall are very important as long as there were some humans that managed to reach the stars, even if only through a generation ship.

EDIT: Also, unrelated, but is my avatar okay? Not sure if gifs are considered annoying or if my avatar is too big for other people's screens.

Last edited by Offizier Necro on Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Asking about my avatar)

Offizier Necro
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zuko Darkborn Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:58 am

About the Earth thing:

One of the themes of this RP galaxy is that there was an "Apocalypse" thousands of years ago, and the galaxy has yet to recover, resulting in the large amount of tomb worlds. Most of the RPers are some manner of upstarts that achieved spaceflight recently.

The apocalypse itself was a mixture of several highly threatening crises happening in a period of around 80 years.

According to the lore of Earth, the planet was actually destroyed at some point, either during or before the Apocalypse, but highly advanced terraforming machines have recreated it, making it after 1000s of years somewhat of a Gaia world. Then the Kreazi colonized it. Use this however you want, there is many plot holes to fill by your own lore.

Zuko Darkborn
Primus Moderator
Primus Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Offizier Necro Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:11 am

Zuko Darkborn wrote:About the Earth thing:

One of the themes of this RP galaxy is that there was an "Apocalypse" thousands of years ago, and the galaxy has yet to recover, resulting in the large amount of tomb worlds. Most of the RPers are some manner of upstarts that achieved spaceflight recently.

The apocalypse itself was a mixture of several highly threatening crises happening in a period of around 80 years.

According to the lore of Earth, the planet was actually destroyed at some point, either during or before the Apocalypse, but highly advanced terraforming machines have recreated it, making it after 1000s of years somewhat of a Gaia world. Then the Kreazi colonized it. Use this however you want, there is many plot holes to fill by your own lore.
Ah, okay. That sounds perfect for what I had in mind. I'm not entirely decided on the exact details of the relationship of the colony and Earth, such as "Earth was destroyed then the mining colony fell apart without its mother to take care of it", "Earth got destroyed and humanity tried to escape to this planet", "the colony went into chaos during the apocalypse and tried to be independent but couldn't survive intact", or some variation of those, but in any case this all sounds perfectly workable. I'm not even sure if I'm going to reveal the actual nature of the colony's collapse at the start given the planet's inhabitants' ignorance of their origins, but I should be good to go no matter what fluff details I end up picking.

Last edited by Offizier Necro on Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Slight phrasing change at the end to make it sound more passive.)
Offizier Necro
Offizier Necro
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:53 am

Large numbers of tomb worlds, you say? It's time for the Clans to get busy. I want junkyards on every world that sponsor scrap vehicle races and tell all of their customers that they don't have enough credits.
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zuko Darkborn Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:00 pm

If you're going to explore them, making a thread in the development, colonization and events place might be appropriate, as in a single one just for that. I have some stuff in mind...
Zuko Darkborn
Zuko Darkborn
Primus Moderator
Primus Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:01 pm

Excellent. Exploring worlds is no fun if you have to think of everything yourself.
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2