Joe's Imperial Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion

+4
Vagrant Hero
Zuko Darkborn
The Clans
Offizier Necro
8 posters

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Discussion

Post by Joe Joerson Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:52 pm

Offizier Necro wrote:As for the new climate system, I like it way better. The old wheel was awkward, but I'm glad they've found a better solution. I wonder how Tomb Worlds will fit onto the scale, or if they'll be a separate fourth special category on its own? It'll probably have a base value of being uninhabitable for most life as usual, but it'd be interesting to see if it's less dangerous for some climates than others, such as the Yuxu being evolved in one climate but then bombed into Tomb World status without being rendered extinct by the hostile radioactive climate.

It'll likely be base 0 as usual though arn't their already some traits in the game for something like you described? Maybe they were for something else...

Offizier Necro wrote:
EDIT:
Also, at the bottom of the most recent dev diary: "That's all for today! Next week we'll be talking about Fallen Empires, how they can awaken, and the War in Heaven."

HYYYYYPE!

I did not catch that first time around. Thank you for pointing that out. Wonder how that gonna turn out, and mods to make Fallen Empires playable I guess as well will come from that...

Joe Joerson
Admin

https://stellarisroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:46 pm

Joe, forgive me for being stupid, but what are the differences between ootiona A and C? To me they seem like the same thing.

The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:54 pm

The Clans wrote:Joe, forgive me for being stupid, but what are the differences between ootiona A and C? To me they seem like the same thing.

I have the ability to make a topic invisible to members. It is a simple cleaning up measure, it would simply be removing the relevant materials from sight. Simply an option in the case of essentially removing the Cirnii from existence ic and being able to remove them from view might be desirable. Simply an option.

Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:18 pm

I'd rather not wipe them off the face of the galaxy, so it's between death do nothing or explain away for me.

I've made references with both the Chakos and Yuxu that at some point after the Unbidden were banished and human colonies went to Hell, that a robot uprising happened, and that crazy AI cores could still be found within the ruins of tombworlds along with aliens turned troglodytes. It's one of the reasons why planetary exploring is a combined science/military expedition in the Corps, better to have a frigate in orbit to tactically drop some NOPE into dangerous ruins.

The Cirnii could have opened up a ruin and been overwhelmed by a malevolent artificial intelligence during their war with the Jingo Hydras and helped to wipe them out from another front.

The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:10 pm

The Clans wrote:I'd rather not wipe them off the face of the galaxy, so it's between death do nothing or explain away for me.

I've made references with both the Chakos and Yuxu that at some point after the Unbidden were banished and human colonies went to Hell, that a robot uprising happened, and that crazy AI cores could still be found within the ruins of tombworlds along with aliens turned troglodytes. It's one of the reasons why planetary exploring is a combined science/military expedition in the Corps, better to have a frigate in orbit to tactically drop some NOPE into dangerous ruins.

The Cirnii could have opened up a ruin and been overwhelmed by a malevolent artificial intelligence during their war with the Jingo Hydras and helped to wipe them out from another front.

First of all sorry for not responding sooner, got called away for a little while.

Secondly I'd agree with the whole not just wiping them off the face of the galaxy. Also with you proposed scenario (which is good as the Xengari would be unlikely to exterminate the Cirnii outright) I assume the Mal AI is somehow dealt with and doesn't just run amuck? Do the Chakos realizing what happens from their contact with the Cirnii come in too late to save the Cirnii but able to kill the AI or does the AI just go off away from know space? I ask these questions because an AI that has the power to just kill an Empire is a little scary to have in a local area, especially when the Xengari would be unable to quickly communicate danger to any of the other races.

It would be fun to have the Xengari turn up at the Cirnii home system just to discover a devastated world and possibly the Chakos, an interesting way to have first contact to be sure.

Also, Frigates? Just another term or some mid-range class you'd like to share? Smile

Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:35 pm

Joe Joerson wrote:
The Clans wrote:I'd rather not wipe them off the face of the galaxy, so it's between death do nothing or explain away for me.

First of all sorry for not responding sooner, got called away for a little while.

Secondly I'd agree with the whole not just wiping them off the face of the galaxy. Also with you proposed scenario (which is good as the Xengari would be unlikely to exterminate the Cirnii outright) I assume the Mal AI is somehow dealt with and doesn't just run amuck? Do the Chakos realizing what happens from their contact with the Cirnii come in too late to save the Cirnii but able to kill the AI or does the AI just go off away from know space? I ask these questions because an AI that has the power to just kill an Empire is a little scary to have in a local area, especially when the Xengari would be unable to quickly communicate danger to any of the other races.

It would be fun to have the Xengari turn up at the Cirnii home system just to discover a devastated world and possibly the Chakos, an interesting way to have first contact to be sure.

Also, Frigates? Just another term or some mid-range class you'd like to share? Smile

Whoops. I've been elbow deep in making Corps ships and vehicles in Stars Without Numbet all day. In that RPG system ships go from Fighter Class to Frigate class, skipping Corvette.

Also, don't worry about the speed it's a forum. I don't ever respect replies till the next day.

In my mind the Cirnii would be too weak to survive against Xengari occupation. The end result would be the Xengari occupation and annexation of either the Cirnii colonies or a substantially weakened homeworld, and the existence of an erratic AI that the Xengari wouldn't be able to touch on the ground with their robots, or the Chakos with their limited infantry. I thought it'd be interesting for the Xengari to come up against an external threat that they couldn't directly deal with and be forced to be a little nicer to new aliens as allies of convenience (or enslave as battle thralls) to put the AI down. The AI wouldn't be anything other than a regional problem from being half insane and busted, wouldn't spread out. The idea is that the Cirnii, with their host of factions, would collapse internally from the strain of two simultaneous wars and be left open to occupation.

Or they can all be dead and I can have the Chakos war fleet bombarding the Cirnii homeworld and the tombworld the AI originated from into dust from orbit and the Xengari can feel very inadequate for a while.
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:55 pm

One could have that the Folc have survived as a species, but the Cirnii are gone as an empire. This would not necessitate adding a sudden AI emergence to the mix.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:58 pm

The Clans wrote:Whoops. I've been elbow deep in making Corps ships and vehicles in Stars Without Numbet all day. In that RPG system ships go from Fighter Class to Frigate class, skipping Corvette.

Also, don't worry about the speed it's a forum. I don't ever respect replies till the next day.

In my mind the Cirnii would be too weak to survive against Xengari occupation. The end result would be the Xengari occupation and annexation of either the Cirnii colonies or a substantially weakened homeworld, and the existence of an erratic AI that the Xengari wouldn't be able to touch on the ground with their robots, or the Chakos with their limited infantry. I thought it'd be interesting for the Xengari to come up against an external threat that they couldn't directly deal with and be forced to be a little nicer to new aliens as allies of convenience (or enslave as battle thralls) to put the AI down. The AI wouldn't be anything other than a regional problem from being half insane and busted, wouldn't spread out. The idea is that the Cirnii, with their host of factions, would collapse internally from the strain of two simultaneous wars and be left open to occupation.

Or they can all be dead and I can have the Chakos war fleet bombarding the Cirnii homeworld and the tombworld the AI originated from into dust from orbit and the Xengari can feel very inadequate for a while.

I haven't used the Stars Without Numbers ruleset in so long...

However I think we'll go with the first possibility that you outlined as a threat that the Xengari couldn't just kill would likely do them some good...

...Or bad depending on your viewpoint. But also that it allows the Cirnii to exist in some measure and provides good source of interaction between multiple people, peaceful interaction on the other hand...

Also you don't respect replies till the next day? What do you want them to make you breakfast? Razz

Caspoi wrote:One could have that the Folc have survived as a species, but the Cirnii are gone as an empire. This would not necessitate adding a sudden AI emergence to the mix.

The Empire is going pretty much no matter what. I think the Folc should survive but brutal enslavement seems to be the best way to solve that problem of not having their author to control them. Of course locking them down on their homeworld and banning transit beyond orbit is another way...
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:02 pm

Also known as slavery :p

I'm making do with a phone with a cracked screen, I meant expect, not respect.
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:05 pm

The Clans wrote:Also known as slavery :p

I know what you meant but the opportunity was too good to pass up for the joke.
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:12 pm

Joe Joerson wrote:
The Clans wrote:Also known as slavery :p

I know what you meant but the opportunity was too good to pass up for the joke.

It was a good joke.

If you haven't looked at SWN in a while, there's like.... 8 different books now, and a bunch of free material that I haven't read all the way through.
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:14 pm

The Clans wrote:It was a good joke.

If you haven't looked at SWN in a while, there's like.... 8 different books now, and a bunch of free material that I haven't read all the way through.

Thank you. Thank you. I try. Razz

...I need to go look at something for a little while now...
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:50 pm

One possible consequence of the war would be a refugee crisis where a lot of folc try ti escape to the Khendros or to the Clans' traders, although I don't know if the latter would accept them.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:53 pm

Joe Joerson wrote:
The Clans wrote:It was a good joke.

Thank you. Thank you. I try. Razz

...I need to go look at something for a little while now...

I've got it all if you want them.
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:12 pm

Caspoi wrote:One possible consequence of the war would be a refugee crisis where a lot of folc try ti escape to the Khendros or to the Clans' traders, although I don't know if the latter would accept them.

It's possible though with the method of faster than light transportation that they have available it might prove a slight hindrance as the most able ships would be any equipped with bought warp drives.

The Clans wrote:I've got it all if you want them.

Nah it's fine. I wouldn't have much opportunity to do anything with it once I got it, too wrapped up in Mongoose Traveller stuff to be able to spend enough time. Though I may take you up on that offer if it stays open later.
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:15 pm

Joe Joerson wrote:
Caspoi wrote:One possible consequence of the war would be a refugee crisis where a lot of folc try ti escape to the Khendros or to the Clans' traders, although I don't know if the latter would accept them.

It's possible though with the method of faster than light transportation that they have available it might prove a slight hindrance as the most able ships would be any equipped with bought warp drives.

The Clans wrote:I've got it all if you want them.

Nah it's fine. I wouldn't have much opportunity to do anything with it once I got it, too wrapped up in Mongoose Traveller stuff to be able to spend enough time. Though I may take you up on that offer if it stays open later.

All I have to do is put them in my Drive. Though that'll be a lot easier once my laptop is out if the shop.
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:39 pm

The Clans wrote:All I have to do is put them in my Drive. Though that'll be a lot easier once my laptop is out if the shop.

I can wait till then, there is no rush.
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:42 pm

Joe Joerson wrote:
The Clans wrote:All I have to do is put them in my Drive. Though that'll be a lot easier once my laptop is out if the shop.

I can wait till then, there is no rush.

Sure isn't. I still need to finish the background and class packages for the Yuxu using Other Dust. Beat thing about Other Dust, everyone starts with and gets a little more HP and attack bonuses and get them a lot sooner. Space people are soft. Yuxu are stronk.
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:51 pm

The Clans wrote:Sure isn't. I still need to finish the background and class packages for the Yuxu using Other Dust. Beat thing about Other Dust, everyone starts with and gets a little more HP and attack bonuses and get them a lot sooner. Space people are soft. Yuxu are stronk.

Sorry for being so silent but I have had a lot of work this past week so I was unable to spend much time here so I didn't write a proper response. I should be able to respond in the Dotodyne thread this weekend. Likely by later today or tomorrow, if you don't hear from me by Sunday, I might have died so don't go waiting for me too long. Razz
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:54 pm

Joe Joerson wrote:
The Clans wrote:Sure isn't. I still need to finish the background and class packages for the Yuxu using Other Dust. Beat thing about Other Dust, everyone starts with and gets a little more HP and attack bonuses and get them a lot sooner. Space people are soft. Yuxu are stronk.

Sorry for being so silent but I have had a lot of work this past week so I was unable to spend much time here so I didn't write a proper response. I should be able to respond in the Dotodyne thread this weekend. Likely by later today or tomorrow, if you don't hear from me by Sunday, I might have died so don't go waiting for me too long. Razz

And then my usurpation will be complete. pirat
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:29 pm

Joe Joerson wrote:
The Clans wrote:And then my usurpation will be complete. pirat

Discussion - Page 17 Giphy
Oh? Where'd this post go? study
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:35 pm

The Clans wrote:Oh? Where'd this post go? study

Oh? Where'd your power go? Razz
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:36 pm

Joe Joerson wrote:
The Clans wrote:Oh? Where'd this post go? study

Oh? Where'd your power go? Razz
Oh? Where'd your face go?
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:42 pm

The Clans wrote:Oh? Where'd your face go?

Razz

In any case I won't be making you Sub-Admin yet but keep your usurpation powers honed.

I will also be returning your powers and I have to go for now so I will try to adhere to the previously stated post.
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:54 pm

Joe Joerson wrote:
The Clans wrote:Oh? Where'd your face go?

Razz

In any case I won't be making you Sub-Admin yet but keep your usurpation powers honed.

I will also be returning your powers and I have to go for now so I will try to adhere to the previously stated post.
LET ME SEE YOUR WAR FACE
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Offizier Necro Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:33 pm

OH GOD NOT THAT VIDEO AGAIN
Offizier Necro
Offizier Necro
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:23 pm

The Clans wrote:
Joe Joerson wrote:

And then my usurpation will be complete. pirat
It's Monday! That means I'm the new forum Admin!

1:24-1:39
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:50 pm

The Clans wrote:It's Monday! That means I'm the new forum Admin!

Great! Now you get to solve the issues of not having enough people and any technical issues. Yay! No more responsibility for the management of the forum. Razz

Good luck with that by the way. Since It apparently defaults to you I'll like to see how you do so without actually have Admin Privileges. Have fun...
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:06 pm

Just going to share this here.

My Immediate Reaction:
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:13 pm

Pretty much. We'll see if Star Spawn handle tachyons better than the Unbidden.
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next